I’ve been using what I assume is a form of unit tests during the later stages of each implementation. What happens is that the output of my Perl implementation is compared to the C’s, if a difference is found processing stops and the two data structures are printed. Once I’ve brought the Perl inline with the C I test again, rinse and repeat. Each time the time between failures increases.

For the other data structures processing everything never took more than a minute, with combos it takes up to seven minutes to process everything. As I work on brining the Perl inine with the C I find myself sitting for increasing lengths of time. Thus satisfaction, the knowledge that the longer it takes the better the Perl has gotten, =}

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *